Hi,
I'm currently starting to use ScriptRunner for Jira and the database picker field is an awesome tool.
Currently I'm having two issues. First I want to introduce the use case. We want to add a field to assign a location the the issues, meaning which machine is having a but or requiring a new feature (we are a manufacturing company).
For this, we have a database with all the possible locations (tens of thousands) and created a Database Picker field that retrieves the ID of the location and the name. The name is sort of a path. For instances: <COUNTRY>.<PRODUCTION_LINE>.<MACHINE>.
The two problems I see are:
* Performance. Displaying 100 issues and showing this columns value is slow (+10s).
* Search. I would like to be able todo searchs such as "locations starting with US.CONNECTICUT.*" to get all the issues under US Connecticut. I cannot due that as the issueFieldMatch function (allows regex) is looking for the value (the internal id) and not for the displayvalue.
What alternatives do I have? Is there a way of nicely resolving this with Database Picker? Which other option are available to solve this kind of problems?