I have tried to follow the documentation provided at
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Right
however this did not lead to a solution.
I think there might actually be some other issue because many other individuals are unable to log in.
All that I am able to see on the website is the login screen with constant, username/password are incorrect.
That suggests the user directory has dropped the affected users. Do any of you have admin access? If so, can you check the user directory page and test all of the servers?
If you don't have access, or you're not using external directories, the main thing to check is the application log file - are there any user or user directory related errors in there?
I asked around and everyone that we had setup accounts for were unable to login. So it does seem to have something to do with the login step.
I checked through the logs folder in the confluence storage directory and found this line
login login : 'admin' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.
Where is the application log file stored generally?
It's under <confluence home>/logs but I suspect you've found it as the warning line there is one that goes into the log.
What user directory are you using?
I'm not to sure what you mean by user directory. I did notice that when I was looking at the database when trying https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Right I only noticed one directory. So sounds like there aren't any user directories?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.