Currently I am writing a script to test the Rest API functions of BitBucket. Using the administrator personal access token, I was able to use most of the Rest API functions, such as creating projects, repository. The administrator account also has "system admin" set in the global permission.
However, when I try to use the create group API function (http://hostname:7990/rest/api/1.0/admin/groups?name=testcreategroup) , it will result in error code : 401.
[errors:[
[context: null,
message: You are not permitted to access this resource, exceptionName:com.atlassian.bitbucket.AuthorisationException]
]
]
When I test using curl in the command line, using the administrator token will result in the same error. However if I use username and password instead (-u admin:password), the command will be successfully executed and the group created.
Would like to clarify if this is an issue/bug, or is this an expected behavior from using personal access token for group creation? or am I actually missing out some permission setting for the administrator account/token?
Thanks in advance.