Hi Team,
I was trying to close the ticket automatically with the help of Jelly script. The jelly script require user name and password to close the ticket but we can not provide for some security reason. Without password I tried to run the jelly then its run fine in Jelly Runner (Developement environment) But the same code when I trying through service then I am getting the error (<jira:TransitionWorkflow> Found workflow transition with name/id '141' but that is not a valid workflow transition for the current state of issue )
It's telling you that the "close" transition is not available for the current status of the issue, although it might be that the person it is running as does not have the rights to perform that transition.
Hi ,
Actually when I am running the Jelly script in the Jelly Runner(Developement Environment) with the user name without the password, ticket gets closed successfully. But with the same user name without the password running the code through the service then I am getting the error ( <jira:TransitionWorkflow> Found workflow transition with name/id '141' but that is not a valid workflow transition for the current state of issue )
can you please help me out from this problem.
Many thanks for your action!
It's telling you that the "close" transition is not available for the current status of the issue, although it might be that the person it is running as does not have the rights to perform that transition
User have a right to close the ticket, Tickect is getting closed in Developement Environment but through service, Its require a password to close the ticket. Without password error is coming and ticket is not getting close.
Hi Ian,
Now, I am trying to close the ticket with the help of Jira-Automation-Plugin. I downloaded and uploaded the plugin in the add-on, After that I am confuse where have to write the JQL and delay in time to run it.
My mean, What to do after installation of the plugin because I am new for this. One more thing I want to add in this that my Jira version is v6.0.1. Is this Jira-Automation Plugin is supporting to Jirav6.0.1.
Will you please help me to come out from this problem.
Please confirm,
I am using Jira 6.0.1, To use the feature of Jira-Automation plugin I need to upgrade my Jira version. Right??
If Yes, Then there is any other workaround to close the ticket automatically after completion of specific time.
Because to upgrade the Jira version is a quite big task and lots of permission have to take from higher authority. Please suggest some workaround for the same.
I am going to upgrade the Jira version, I will try to achieve my requirement through Jira-Automation Plugin.
Many Thank for your valuble answer and help!
Now we migrated to JIRA v6.1.3 and I am little bit understand the use of Automation plugin.
I have created the rule but at the time of click on save button getting the pop up message "Unknown error. Please reload and try it again" and I tried the same upto five time with different scenerio but then also I am not able to succeed in this.
could you please help me out.
Many thanks for help in advance!
Hi
I recall getting this error a couple of times early on when we were evaluating the plugin. Unfortunately I can't recall the exact reason. It could have been that the admin session had expired, but I'm not 100% sure. Is there anything in the logs?
For reference we're now running JIRA 6.2.5 with JIRA Automation plugin 1.1.6
Here's the settings we have for our equivalent rule:
Name of the rule: Auto-close resolved issuesActor of the rule: supportEnable rule once created?: TickedSelect Trigger: JQL Filter TriggerCRON schedule: 0 0/30 * * * ?JQL expression: status = Resolved AND updated <= -1w ORDER BY updatedDate ASCLimit results: 100Choose action: Transition issue actionWorkflow Transition: Auto-Close (751)Disable notification for this transition?: TickedTransition fields: <blank>
Which translates to a task which
Note, the workflow transition step was specifically created for this purpose. It simply moves an issue from the status of Resolved to the status of Closed and has a condition which means it can only be executed by the support user.
Hope this helps
Ian
Getting the below exception in log,
QuartzScheduler_Worker-3 ERROR 953470 [plugin.automation.scheduler.RuleCallable] Exception while executing the rulejava.lang.NullPointerException: value at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:204)
Are you aware with this NullPointerException
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.