Hi Jira Community,
I am new in Jira, and now my company is thinking of using Jira to track and manage our resources and tasks. However, after multiple days of googling and youtube watching, I still don't see an obvious way to set up our tasks.
Here is some background about us: We are a small company, we have several lines of product (boat engines), and each line has different products.
They all share similar tasks between and within product line like software dev, hardware dev, testing, purchasing, manual writing etc... and often just small changes from each other.
My thought is to
- have projects represents each line
- boards to represent each group which will be shared between projects ( same person for similar task)
- Using advance roadmap to control over all project timeline and resource blocking between product line
However, I am not sure how to control each product release within a product line. (maybe component?)
Will this be a reasonable approach?
Edit: We are considering paying for Jira premium. Just noticed that it is posted under Jira Align...