I started working on my older personal project on bitbucket and when trying to push through intelliJ, saw that that UI would not show new commits and again the file would be showing up as added only, not committed. Spend few hours trying various git commands to link local and remote but nothing would work.
Then I cloned another repo through terminal, and am getting the error
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists.
The repository does exist. While looking for the issue further, I found this and this pages and tried to add / update SSH key. Oddly I do not see any option of SSH keys or even the tab of security in the setting.
I am using a free account of bitbucket linked through my google account, the password of which has not been updated since last I pushed my code to bitbucket.