I am running these Atlassian products on a virtual machine:
- Bamboo version 7.0.4 build 70018
- Bitbucket v7.3.1
- Confluence 7.4.1
- Jira v8.10.0#810001-sha1:2a9881c)
Today, my certificate expired. So, I replaced it with a new one. Unfortunately, I had also to replace the (self-created) CA.
Now for the strange thing: Only Jira accepts the new certificate. I can log-in on Jira without problems. (The only thing not working is including the other products' news feed in the dashboard - but that's explainable I guess.)
For Bamboo, Bitbucket, and Confluence I get upon login
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
All four products use in their server.xml the very same keystore file on that VM.
I have no idea why Jira is happy with the new certificate why the other products are not. I'd appreciate any hint.
Additional hint: Firefox is happy with the new certificate as well - after I have installed the new CA (which is not possible in Chrome anymore).