Hi Atlassian Community!
I have a task to create mandatory fields base on the conditions.
When a user specified a value in select list (single choice) "custom_field_1" it will trigger the "validators" which is if it meets the value set in the "custom_field_1" then the user will need to specified a value in "custom_field_2"which I have set in the workflow transition. This is already done.
The problem is when the user edited the issue it allows transition moving into the next transition even if it the user specified or did not specified any values. making my "validators" unusable or bypass the conditional mandatory fields I have set as a requirements.
The client did not agree with my workaround to hide the "custom_field_1" and "custom_field_2" in the "Edit issue screen" so it gives me the option to replicate my settings from the workflow to the edit issue screen.
Do you have any recommendation on how to make conditional mandatory fields when the issue is being Edit? if it requires a script can you give me an example please?
Version: Atlassian Jira (v8.5.4)
Thank you.