I want to move and merge confluence from Server A to Server B. Server B has some settings that allows the users to access confluence without the fully qualified url. So the users can type something like http://servername:8090/confluence; and can access it fine since those users are on the same network. But the problem occurs for the people who are outside the network
Now I want to change those settings on the server so anyone with the qualified domain name/url can access it. I think something needs to be updated on NGINX config but I am not sure what needs to be updated. See the current config looks like something below.
location /confluence {
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_pass http://servername:8090/confluence;
client_max_body_size 10M;
}
Also, the base url is set to http://servername:8090/confluence which we prefer not to change if we can avoid it.
We are facing exactly similar issue in Jira as well
Any help in this regard would be much appreciated. thanks