Team,
This might sound a rudimentary one, but this is the 1st time I'm going to do an installation of JIRA Software Server version.
Our JIRA requirement is to achieve the below items,
1) Defect Management System. We will be using masked data to indicate the bug description, details with some screenshots.
2) Add the plugins (Zephyr, Azure DevOps)
3) Authenticate users from Microsoft Azure AD by installing Crowd.
While, I was looking for licensing I noticed there are 2 types of installations, production & non production.
To accomplish the below activities, do I need a production license or a non production license? What is the difference between a production and a non production version. I understand that, for a production version, we need an external database. But, my requirement is to just accomplish the below things, should non-production version suffice?
1) The JIRA board will be used by the testing team to manage defects.
2) Using Zephyr, a test management suite plugin - testing related activities will be performed.
3) Using Crowd Identity Management Tool - Users from Microsoft Azure AD will be authenticated to use the JIRA Software.
Thanks,
Prasenna