I have got a confluence 3.5 setup with the following directories enabled:
- Confluence Internal Directory
- Active Directory server (Read Only)
My assumption was, that I could manage confluence-only groups on the confluence system for certain editor-management (not company organisation relevant groups). I am able to create new confluence groups but get the following error if I try to add members to it:
Could not add user 'john.doe' as a member of group 'management-editor'. Check your server logs for more information.
2012-06-28 09:10:51,922 ERROR [http-8443-5] [bucket.user.DefaultUserAccessor] addMembership Failed to add 'john.doe' as a member of 'management-editor'
-- referer: https://testpagexy.com/admin/users/domembersofgroupsearch.action?membersOfGroupTerm=management-editor | url: /admin/users/adduserstogroup.action | userName: john.doe | action: adduserstogroup
com.atlassian.user.EntityException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationNotPermittedException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Group 'management-editor' does not exist in the directory of the user and cannot be added.
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.atlassianuser.EmbeddedCrowdGroupManager.addMembership(EmbeddedCrowdGroupManager.java:169)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.springfra...
Question: According to the exception message: why does the group has to exist already in the directory of the user?
Thank you very much for any hint.
René
Appendix 26.6.12: Screenshot of the directory order screen:
