Hi Atlassian,
I am trying to create a confluence database in Aurora Postgresql and I am getting this error
postgres=> create role confluenceuser with password 'secret' login;
CREATE ROLE
postgres=> create database confluence with encoding 'utf-8' lc_collate 'en_US.utf8' LC_CTYPE 'en_US.utf8' TEMPLATE template0 owner confluenceuser;ERROR: must be member of role "confluenceuser"
Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong? I am trying to follow this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-postgresql-173244522.html
Thanks,
Asif
@asif_iqbal
Here is a guide to creating a postgresql user.
https://www.enterprisedb.com/postgres-tutorials/how-create-postgresql-database-and-users-using-psql-and-pgadmin
Our issue was adding ownership of the database to a user and that was failing.
We found a fix. So create the database without the owner. And then alter the database to the owner. That worked.
postgres=> create database confluence with encoding 'utf-8' lc_collate 'en_US.utf8' LC_CTYPE 'en_US.utf8' TEMPLATE template0; CREATE DATABASEpostgres=> alter database confluence owner to confluenceuser; ALTER DATABASE
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.