Hello,
using Jira SD 4.5
I'm really confused because the approval button is not visible on Customer portal.I follow steps on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-jira-service-desk-approvals-938847527.html, and I have another workflow on which Approval is setting up correctly, and visible.
The user picker (multiple) is correctly setup on the project / creation screen.The button is visible on "classic" Jira view, but not on customer Portal.
did I miss something ?
thanks in advanceXavier
Hi Xavier,
I believe you can add the approval status to the portal from the request type. Find the request type, select Edit fields, select the Workflow Statuses tab near the top, enter a portal friendly name for the Approval status, and select Save. Cheers!
Hi Joshua,
thank you for your answer. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I update also name for workflow status, but change anything. My issue is correctly associated to the request type, but definitively, no button appears
In addition, the Jira is a development version (but I supposed all the add-on / tools worked as on prod server ?)
regards,
Xavier
Are you, or the person verifying the button appears in the portal, set as the approver for that status? The button will not appear for people who are not allowed to approve. You are correct, a development or trial license will function the same as a production license. Cheers!
Hi Joshua. Yes I am. This tips seems working correctly on our production server, but not on test.. may be I missing something, but don't really know what.
regards
Hi all,
I come back to this topic, because, still not solved.indeed, on my same workflow, the customer request type depends of a Select custom field value.
for 3 / 4 of customer request type button appears (I can see by login as approvers on customer portal). But for a certain type of Customer Request, buttons never show.
I'm really disturbed because I use only one workflow, I checked the custom field used for the approval, and it's correctly set.
any help will be appreciated.
regards,Xavier
Hi @D X
Is the issue still disturbing you?
Can you share the screenshot to check it?
Hello @Imdad KP
not now. for the moment I cross the finger, issue not reappear..
my bad, we just have a new case...
Dear all,
sorry, I came back to this request as it seems still not resolved.Indeed, after some customer feedback, we are still facing issue.Sometimes (this is what we try to determine...), the approvals button are not visible in the Customer portal:
a user that is in approval field will see for one ticket the buttons, and the week after, for another ticket (without any change on workflow), buttons will not be available / Visible.
I can reproduce the issue by login in with the customer account. On top right, there is notification to approve some tickets, but when clicking on it, no buttons are available..
This is really annoying, as we use this approval process for our new project, and sometimes customer contact us because they can't approve..
Is there a way to check what can cause this bug ?
Hey guys,
I am having the same problem.
I have tried with a service desk agent : The buttons appear on the service desk view, but not on the customer view.
I have also tried with a customer account : I get the approval email, with the buttons (I can approve from there), but the buttons don't appear on the issue view.
Dear @Nathan Gasseau
One think to consider. in the "normal" view, we remarks that the field use for the approval process was display twice (on the right pane, under "approvals" part as shown below).
We are not sure about how it was populated, but for each ticket where this information appear twice, the button was not visible in the customer view.may be a clue..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.