Is it possible to add a link on a wiki page (page A) to an attachment from another page (page ?
I've found a workaround (unless someone can tell me a better way) ...
If I go to the attachment link and right click to find the url, I can copy it and use it as a weblink on the other page. This effectively allows me to link to an attachment on another page.
That's what I've been doing. Not great but it works.
This issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-6594 id rather old - as I suggest in the issue comment, smart autoconvert of pasted URL would be handy.
The Link Search tab allows use to search for and add attachments from other pages.
From Atlassian Documentation
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Links
Link to an attachment on another page Choose Link > Search and enter part of the attachment name. Type [ and enter part of the attachment file name then select the attachment from the list(you can hover over each suggestion to see which space the page is from).
Link to an attachment on another page
Choose Link > Search and enter part of the attachment name.
Type [ and enter part of the attachment file name then select the attachment from the list(you can hover over each suggestion to see which space the page is from).
Thanks, this works perfectly!
Just to update this for the current cloud version with the new editor: There is no way to insert links through a search anymore.
The new editor seems to have lost all of the useful functionality at the moment.
Indeed. The search only works with pages but you cannot search for Attachments or other entities.
Is there some other way to do this now? I don't have any option to copy the url when I right click on an attachment.
Clicking on the attachments opens the preview window, from there I have an option to download, but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually copy the url.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.