I have a space that I wish to delete. Unfortunately, the two space admins assigned to it no longer work for us! As a confluence administrator, I do not see the option to delete the space. Has anybody run into a similar issue?
Add yourself into the confluence-administrators group and then you should have the space admin rights!
From the Browse menu, select Space Admin. On the Space Admin page under Space Operations there is a Remove Space option.
Regards,
Kay
I ran into a bug in this process a while ago - it threw an error on delete. Solution was to add myself (or the confluence-admin group) into the space permissions with admin rights. You shouldn't have to do this normally - confluence administrators should be able to admin spaces automatically. But just in case you hit the same bug I did, it's worth knowing.
Hi Kay
I don't see the 'Space Admin' option under Browse. It appears that for some reason I was removed from the 'Space Admin' permission list.
I was hoping so - but as I mentioned, I am already a confluence-administrator and I see the 'Confluence Admin' option under browse, but not the 'Space Admin' option.
Oh ok. I thought you are a Confluence Admin but not a member of the confluence-administrators group. You can be a Confluence Admin even if you are not a part of that group but then you won't become a space admin on all the spaces! If you are part of that purticular group, you should have the rights to administer all spaces. Maybe you can raise a case with Atlassian.
Thank you Jobin! I checked again - I noticed that I was not part of the confluence-administrators group. However, my LDAP group was in the Global groups with the exact same privileges as 'confluence-administrators', so, I am not sure why I was missing the 'Space Admin' option under the Browse menu.
This may seem like a silly question, but are you actually in the space that you want to delete when you try to select Spafce Admin or are you doing this from the Dashboard?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.