I'm looking for someone experienced with the automation power-ups in Trello. I currently use Butler on a university board wher we display a course syllabus (one card) and then related online sessions and tasks (sevedral cards). Each course has its own label. We want to automatically link all cards with the same label to teach other.
I have tried Butler and Zapir so far for this. And this is the first time I'm working with these tools. I'm having trouble because these tools all want a very active trigger that activates the rule. In our case - collect and link the Trello cards with the same label in a "Related cards" list. You need to do something to activate it. The main problems are:
1.) If a new card with the same label is added to the board, the rule on the cards from earlier doesn't re-activate and add the new cards to the list. You'd have to re#add the label on every card to re-trigger it.
2. ) if you do that and re-trigger it, it doesn't just update the list, it throws all of the related cards with the same label to the list again and you end up with duplicate linked itemd.
It's annoying, I wanted to add rules to make it less exhausting to connect cards that belong together. But I don't really know how to fix it,
Do I use the wrong tool? Do I just need to add another one on top of this one that works with an explicitly active trigger, so when a label is added? Is there a tool that offers a trigger that would just scan (maybe at a certain day) and connect the cards with the same label by updating them?
Or am I missing on an opportunity in the tools already used and I have just used the triggers wrong? I've looked many times, but maybe I've still overlooked something.
Thank you for your help, I'd really appreciate it!!!!
Lea