I really like the Gantt chart in BigPicture (or the BigGantt plugin) but I have always wondered how to use the board view together with te Gantt view.
When placing a Jira issue in an program increment on the board it does not move on the gantt chart.
Example: I have a ticket ABC-123. I placed it in a program increment which has a start date on 2020-11-12 and end date 2021-01-13.
However ABC-123 has not moved on the gantt. It start date still is 2021-02-14.
- Is this the expected behavior?
- If so, how should we deal with planning? Moving items around in the board view is a first high level planning step.
While fine tuning on the gantt or resources page is our second step. We don't want to check the board every time we move something on the gantt.
Am I not understanding the purpose of the board correctly?