We are using Active Directory to manage users for Jira. All users are, by default, clients to the service desk. If we want to all users to share issues, within the enterprise (and not the world at large) we want to use the restriction, "user can share with organization".
There is no default organization (why not?), so I have created one. There appears to be no solution for assigning all jira users, all AD users, all members of the domain by email address or any variation. This seems to leave me manually adding each current user, which will send them a confusing email, then adding each new AD user when they are created and removing each AD user when they leave the organization.
Is it really this cumbersome or am I missing something. I am going through the documentation but it seems to talk ABOUT users and organization without giving much concrete information about actually managing this.