Hi everybody,
hope you all had a wonderful X-Mas ... I'm really sorry to bother you again, but this issue is urgent. Our big Go-Live for JIRA and Confluence is nearing and I've found a behavior of JIRA's date/time handling which is wrong to the bone (or shouldn't be accepted ... or turned off ... or whatever ... )
Our current advanced settings for date/time related stuff are matching ISO 8601:
jira.date.picker.java.format - yyyy-MM-dd
jira.date.picker.javascript.format - %Y-%m-%e
jira.date.time.picker.java.format - yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm
jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format - %Y-%m-%e %H:%M
So do the user interface settings:
Complete Date/Time Format - yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm - 2012-12-27 15:47
Day/Month/Year Format - yyyy-MM-dd - 2012-12-27
The BIG (!) problem: JIRA is still accepting manual date/time entries like 12-12-12 13:14, which all users refer to as 12th of December 2012 ... but it's saved as 12th December 0012. I know, this is related to Java ... but it should be forbidden/possible to disable. JIRA should ONLY accept dates formatted like the given settings, nothing else.
How can I disable this behavior in JIRA?
This is - as I said - a really big issue which could screw up the whole Go-Live.