Hey Atlassian Statuspage community,
I'm trying to figure out how it would be possible to post an incident when my website monitor NewRelic detects a failure?
Any help would be appreciated!
Regards,
Johnny
I have used https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/add-a-new-relic-metric/ to get metrics into Statuspage.
But I actually think you've answered your own question when you used the word "monitor" - I think https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/set-up-new-relic-alerts-parsing/ does what you want!
Hey Nic, thanks! This (https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/set-up-new-relic-alerts-parsing/) does half of what I want! Is there a way I could also make it automatically create a new incident?
Sorry, I missed the "full statuspage incident" part, I was too focussed on integration with NewRelic.
I don't believe you can do that with NewRelic off-the-shelf. The reason I say that is the table 3/4 of the way down https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/know-when-to-automate-your-status-page/ under "Automating your status page using an integration" - NewRelic is not listed as being able to create incident.
I think the next section of the doc is what you want to think about - using the "Manage api". It will need a bit of coding though - persuading NewRelic to send the data Statuspage wants for creating a new incident.
Is there anyway to automate it so when one of my component's status changes, it automatically creates an incident? Sorta like a "If Main Website's status is major outage, then create a new incident using a template."
Hi Johnny,
As Nic has mentioned, you'll need something between NewRelic and Statuspage in order to actually trigger an incident in Statuspage, vs just posting the metric information.
OpsGenie is a good solution for this. It can receive the alert from NewRelic and then take action to create a Statuspage incident. Then when the NewRelic alert closes, it can automatically resolve the Statuspage incident as well. As a bonus, you can use that same alert in OpsGenie to call/text/push-notify somebody based on a schedule (meaning if you've got teammates, you don't need to be on-call 24/7!)
See more OpsGenie features and get started free here. I think you can do what you've outlined between NewRelic and Statuspage easily on the OpsGenie free tier!
Cheers,Daniel
Edit: for clarity, OpsGenie (like Statuspage) is also an Atlassian product.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.