I need to track expenses in a custom field. I would use Jira's native number-type field, but that allows for more than 2 decimal places, which would not be proper formatting for currency/expense values. I want to ensure the values entered in this field are consistent so I can run some math operations (like summing across a collection of issues) on them using automation. I'm hoping to find a way to use a text custom field and a Behaviour to enforce regex to allow only digits, no commas, and only two decimal places.
I've seen some examples of using regex with a scripted validator on the workflow, but none of them relating exactly to a currency format, plus I want to enforce it even on the Edit screen when there is no transition occurring, so for that reason a workflow validator won't suffice.
I've searched quite a bit for an answer to this assuming that someone else would have tried this exact thing before, but have not found a solution, so I apologize if this is an easy one and I just missed it in my searching 