This is probably a really simple question and I am just missing it, but where can I set what default groups users are added into in Confluence Server when they are created?
Hi @Taylor Huston, to my knowledge, when you are using Confluence internal directory, there is no option out of the box to change the default group membership where Confluence adds users (confluence-users). As Bill mentioned, when you are using a user directory different from the internal one, you can do that.
I've found two suggestions in the Atlassian ticket system that relates to what we're discussing here. Have a look: CONFSERVER-53076 and CONFSERVER-59940.
Cheers,IL.
In the Admin Console, under User Directories, edit the Directory, edit the settings. There should be a box to add all users to Default Group Membership. Remember everyone has to be a member of at least confluence-users.
A little hard to find a relevant doc page, but here is one: connecting-to-an-ldap-directory
I only have the Confluence internal directory, doesn't seem to be an option to edit that or select that option for it.
Well crap.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.