This question may upset the Kanban purists, as our approach is a little unconventional but please bear with...
I have a JIRA project that uses multiple statuses for In Progress (this is representative of our workflow). Mapping each status to a column on a Kanban works really well for us. The problem is that when I switch to Backlog view, the In Progress row at the top only shows the first mapped In Progress status column and not the rest. Whichever In Progress column I put farthest left on the board is the only one it picks up.
I could live with it only showing just one if I could toggle between them in Backlog view, but sadly that's not an option either. I suspect this is an example of me pushing JIRA beyond its feature set for a use case it was never intended to address, but God loves an optimist so I live in hope that there might be a solution to this.
Appreciate any input or assistance
Andy