EDIT: I apologize - I seem to have classified it as cloud even though it is server (stand-alone). If a moderator could reclassify, that’d be appreciated. Thanks!
Hello!!
Preface: I am no in way a JIRA/Confluence admin; I just... inherited this and going off the deep end
We recently cloned a Windows 2k12 VM that Confluence (v7.3.4) has been running on. The old VM was called hq.old (that is the accessible FQDN) and the new one is called hq.new I've done all the necessary changes (base URL, etc) for both JIRA and Confluence and for the most part, everything works when accessing via hq.new.
However, I am having difficulty pertaining to Collaborative Editing:
1. Originally, when trying to create or editing an existing page, I'd get a message stating
Loading the editor's taking longer than usual. Give it a few moments, then refresh your page if it still doesn't load. Speak to your Confluence admin if that doesn't fix it.
Digging a bit further, I discovered that despite changing the base URL in Confluence and despite restarting synchrony, it appears that heartbeat check was still using the old URL:
http://hq.old/synchrony/heartbeat?_=XXXXXXXXXXX
I've tried resaving base URL and restarting Synchrony, but not dice. So, in checking the database, I discovered that synchrony_collaborative_editor_app_base_url bandanakey in confluence.bandana was still pointing to hq.old. I manually changed it to use hq.new - so this is what it looks like now:
<string>http://hq.new:8090/synchrony-proxy,http://hq.new:8090/confluence/synchrony-proxy</string>
2. After doing the above, then restarting confluence (and synchrony for a good measure), I now able to open the edit (create a new page or edit existing), however I get a message now indicating
Something went wrong after loading the editor. Copy your unsaved changes and refresh the page to keep editing.
In checking the traffic path when opening the editor - I am seeing these calls being blocked:
http://hq.new.echromics.corp:8090/synchrony-proxy/v1/data/Company-b83ab47d-a18b-3c2e-967c-885976e09424/confluence-69599475?state-at=@head&state-format=type-tagged&rewrite-request=true&cached=true
The response from the server comes up as this:
{"type":"jwt/invalid-aud","message":"Error validating JWT:JWT aud property does not match expected value"}
At this point I am stuck... any suggestions? According to ..\Atlassian\Confluence\conf\server.xml - I am running no proxy:
<Server port="8000" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<!--
==============================================================================================================
DEFAULT - Direct connector with no proxy, for unproxied HTTP access to Confluence.
If using a http/https proxy, comment out this connector.
==============================================================================================================
-->
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"/>