I'm going to explain what I did.
I successfully installed Jira and confluence on the same server.
I have successfully connected through https on Jira.
I'm trying to use the same certificate to make Confluence run through https too.
I know you will say port number will be a conflict. but I have tried with different port number and it crashed, then I re install it with restoring my backup then I stopped Jira and followed the same KB for conf to run it through https. at the end, I could use it over 8090 but not 8443 for some reason and that's why I need the community help.
Jira still stopped at this moment and when I try below links, http is ok but https is not.
1- http://localhost:8090 | OK
2- https://localhost:8443 | NO
<Server port="8000" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<!--
==============================================================================================================
DEFAULT - Direct connector with no proxy, for unproxied HTTP access to Confluence.
If using a http/https proxy, comment out this connector.
==============================================================================================================
-->
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"/>
<!--
==============================================================================================================
HTTP - Proxying Confluence via Apache or Nginx over HTTP
If you're proxying traffic to Confluence over HTTP, uncomment the connector below and comment out the others.
Make sure you provide the right information for proxyName and proxyPort.
For more information see:
Apache - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/4xQLM
nginx - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/TgSvEg
==============================================================================================================
-->
<!--
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
scheme="http" proxyName="<subdomain>.<domain>.com" proxyPort="80"/>
-->
<!--
==============================================================================================================
HTTPS - Direct connector with no proxy, for unproxied HTTPS access to Confluence.
For more info see https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/s3UC
==============================================================================================================
-->
<Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="25"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Nio2Protocol"
enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLSv1.2" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2" SSLEnabled="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystorePass="REMOVEDFORCOMMUNITY" keystoreFile="C:\Users\Administrator\.keystore"/>
<!--
==============================================================================================================
HTTPS - Proxying Confluence via Apache or Nginx over HTTPS
If you're proxying traffic to Confluence over HTTPS, uncomment the connector below and comment out the others.
Make sure you provide the right information for proxyName and proxyPort.
For more information see:
Apache - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/PTT3MQ
nginx - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/cNIvMw
==============================================================================================================
-->
<!--
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
scheme="https" secure="true" proxyName="<subdomain>.<domain>.com" proxyPort="443"/>
-->
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" startStopThreads="4">
<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<!-- Logging configuration for Confluence is specified in confluence/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties -->
<Manager pathname=""/>
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60"/>
</Context>
<Context path="${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy" docBase="../synchrony-proxy" debug="0"
reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60"/>
</Context>
</Host>
</Engine>
</Service>
</Server>
Thanks.