I have to create a subtask and send a specific email saying some things are to be addressed to the project lead and project manager associated with issues, whenever a rest call from external app sends “yes” for a set of issues. I’m using Jira python rest api. So, how can this be achieved?
@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Instead of using rest api, you can create a filter in jira using JQL and add the project lead name & project manager name as subscribers in the same filter subscription.
This will auto trigger the mails on any change in the result set.
+1 for @Kasula Prithvi reply - K.I.S.S. Also then you've got flexibility to set other conditions and differentiate them per recipient.
I have to send emails/notifications and create sub tasks only when the external app (some machine learning app) sends a rest call with response "yes" to a set of issues. So, how can this be done?
Hi @Surya , change in a field to value “yes” is change in a field. Third part app need to have some access - I assume that there will be user created for it. When such app will update it to expected value this will trigger JQL.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.