Hi,
I need advice on how to pursue an upgrade of Jira from 3.x in team supported environment to 4.x which then we intend to export the projects to IT supported JIRA in our company. The IT supported JIRA is already version 4.2.4-b591.
The unlimited license for our instance have already expired.
On My Atlassian account, the JIRA license is stated to already compatible with jira 4:
"This license is compatible with JIRA 4 or above and includes Unlimited users. If you are using an older version of JIRA, you can generate a compatible license key."
Can I generate the developer license and upgrade?
Furthermore I found this on the Wiki:
"If you are upgrading from JIRA 3.x or earlier AND you used the Labels plugin in that version, then you need to first upgrade to JIRA 4.1.2 or earlier, otherwise all saved filters that use the Labels custom field will be removed during the upgrade." Is the upgrade a 2 step process then?
Thank you.
-Indra