Hello
I want to use a Jira Service Desk form to create an object in Insight. Today, I can only update an object attribute but not create a new object.
I was wondering if there is way?
Thank you
@Mory Soan
You will create a new custom Insight field that you link to a specific object scheme with or without a filter on it.
This you can display wherever you want (portal or regular issue view)
That is one of the integrations you have with Insight.
Thank you @Fahad Siddiqui I do have Insight custom field "Employee" that is link to my "Employee" Object type. However what I'm trying to achieve is that I want to be able to have a Service Desk form that could have a manager creates new "Employee" with their attributes (address, language, etc) in Insight when they have new employee.
I know that from a Service Desk form, I could update an existing object with Insight custom field, but I want is to create a new object in my Object Type.
Hi Mory.
To create an object automatically from a JSD form, you will need to have the object schema and object type created in Insight.
Then you create custom fields for all the attributes you want to be filled in when you create the object.
Next, you set up an Insight post-function for Create object, and map your fields (or custom fields) to the Insight object Schema, Object Type, and Attributes.
Here's an example of the post-function (second option from the bottom when you have selected "Insight post-function":
I hope this helps.
Cheers,Sandra
@Sandra _Mindville_ let me test it out! Thank you so much!! :-)
@Sandra _Mindville_ it did work. I have another question, is there a way to add multiple objet within the same Service Desk Form?
For example, add 3 new agents? that would create 3 seperate objets.
This post-function is only for creating a single object.
Kind regards,
Sandra
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.