Hello there friendly community! I'm currently working on a guide for folks who are new to Incident Management, or want to improve their current Incident Management process.
The TL;DR
I'd love to see if you have any nuggets of wisdom to share that I might be able to include in the guide. Your advice would be attributed to you in the form of a quote, even alongside your photo if you like!
The goal is provide modern IT teams who are looking to start or improve upon an incident management process.
The whole, detailed story
If you have something to share, please share it below. If you need ideas, feel free to pick one or two of the below questions or themes to focus on!
1. While defining your incident management process, what were some key learnings? What worked/what didn’t?
2. How did you define what constituted an incident versus a notification? Did you find these definitions needed to be fine-tuned over time?
3. How did you define SLAs for different kinds of incidents?
4. How did you assign incident response roles to your team?
5. How did you choose what your “war room” or “command center” would be? (I.e. why did you choose slack versus a phone bridge, etc.)
6. What were the best methods for communicating with stakeholders about incident status? What were the worst?
7. How did you keep responders motivated especially during the postmortem process?
8. How did you report back to C-level stakeholders about the incident response and postmortem process?
9. Overall, what advice would you give to folks just starting an Incident Management process?
I'll ask you to proof and approve your quote before we publish the guide. All participants will receive a special thank you gift for your participation!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best,
Kate