Hi, we have our instance of Confluence Server running with the Java Heap Memory settings set to -Xms 7g and -Xmx 7g. We have bumped it up a few times after getting out of memory errors.
We just upgraded to 7.4 from 6.13. And we received another out of memory error. A little after it occurred I saw that the memory heap usage was high ( > 90% ), so I will probably be bumping up the Java Heap memory to 8 gb. From what I've read, this seems high. We have less than 1,000 spaces, and only a couple thousand users (all LDAP), but we are syncing a lot of groups (in the thousands) which I wonder could be part of the problem. Also the number of pages may be high, I don't know the pages exactly, but the content values under the Confluence Usage on the System Information shows about 250K current versions and about 800K all versions.
Anyway, has anyone else seen such high memory usage? If so, did you do anything about it? Is there other options to prevent running out of memory besides upping the allotted amount?
Thanks for any suggestions or insights,
David