If so, how/where can this event be trapped? (it doesn't seem to be part of EventType...)
-Amit.
Since Jira 5.2 there is http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/event/issue/IssueWatcherAddedEvent.html so you can catch event. But i can't find a solution for earlier versions
find the doc for event which are providing by jira
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Event
Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure that answers my question.
It seems reasonable to expect an Issue UPDATE event to be fired upon adding a watcher, but I don't see it. I'm resigned to concluding that adding a watcher to an issue DOES NOT generate an event?
i dont think there is a event for watcher may be some one help on this, but it won't fire issue update event on adding a watcher, they are updating watcher using REST api.
I haven't looked at JIRA 5.2 source, but that's good to know.
For previous versions, I just ended up creating my own custom event. Added the 'watcher' event to the JIRAEVENTTYPE table and dispatched it with the standard IssueEventManager#dispatchEvent. And finally, cobbled up an appropriate EventListener (again standard fare in JIRA) to intercept the events.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.