This one is a bit out there.
Jira sends out notification emails. In Outlook or similar I can request an 'email read' notification when I send a personal email. Any wild ideas how I might achieve something similar with a Jira system email?
Paul
Well, the feature you describe is specific to Exchange, a proprietary mail server and client. It doesnt translate well into the world beyond. Similarly Gmail has a service for business users, but this is visible only in the gmail UI, again, tight dependency between service provider and mail interface.
I doubt very much any generic solution will ever exist to do this as there is not standard the clients can conform to to indicate they have actually read the message.
You can always use 3rd party email tracking services. Lots out there. Have a look at ContactMonkey and Boomerang. They offer free email tracking for Outlook & Gmail. ContactMonkey is more stealthy whereas Boomerang is more like a traditional read receipt.
Hope that helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.