It appears the Apache AJP/1.3 proxy stops working with the 8.11.0 Jira Software upgrade on Centos7. Anyone else have this issue ?
I ran the following upgrades successfully prior to 8.11.0.
* Jira updates 8.8.1 to 8.10.0 - no issues
* Jira upgrade 8.10.0 to 8.10.1 - no issues
* Jira upgrade from 8.10.1 or 8.10.0 to 8.11.0 - Proxy dies.
Here was the Apache error I saw:
[Fri Aug 28 08:40:21.976570 2020] [proxy_ajp:error] [pid 124553:tid 140387455579904] [client 10.128.144.8:59481] AH00896: failed to make connection to backend: localhost, referer: https://jira-dev.example.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa
[Fri Aug 28 08:52:21.639798 2020] [proxy:error] [pid 124553:tid 140387455579904] (111)Connection refused: AH00957: AJP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:8009 (localhost) failed
Jira still works on port 8080, but the AJP proxy just died.
As a work around, I had to switch to a different proxy to get Apache to work with Jira.
Here is how I did that if anyone is interested.
https://github.com/zeekus/textfiles/blob/master/jira_proxy_change.md