Hi,
I would like to use Confluence and some add-ons to generate bidirectional reports for system documentation.
For example:
- A system document shall have information about the used switch port (amongst others). The data shall be hold here and used on several other 'overview' page (reports).
- An overview about the systems shall be generated.
- An overview of the switches and port usage shall be created.
There are several ways I figured out to use: the Metadata or Scaffolding plugin in combination with own reports or the Reporting plugin to fulfill 1. and 2.
It is difficult to fulfill the requirement of 3. From my point of view I have to check the values against keys or I have to define a conditional rule like 'if key = value' (e.g. if switch=switch1) then report on key 'switch port'. This shall give a report on the switch ports of 'switch1'.
Does anyone run this some kind of system documentation (non-redundant data) and reporting?
Thanks for any hint in advance.
Best regards,
Heiko