I am trying to retrieve sub-tasks with specific labels that are added to sub-task. I am only getting parent (story) labels but not sub-task labels. I want the filter to display story, its sub-tasks and labels (sub-task labels and not story labels)
so you can find sub-tasks with specific labels via the following JQL...
type = sub-task and labels in (a, b, c)
however, if you are asking to see something like below...
(type = story and sub-task is not empty and subtasklabel in (a,b,c)) or (type = sub-task and labels in (a, b, c))
then you can't do that OOTB. You need something like Scriptrunner and leverage the functions like parentsof() and subtasksof().
Hello Welcome, Try this JQL, (if I have understood your question)
project=<project name> and issuetype=Sub-task and labels =<your specific label name>
This should give you all the sub-task with the specific label.!
Hi Sudharshan,
I appreciate your response!!!
I tried that option, but that is not my desired output. Basically I want to display epic number (if possible), story number, sub tasks, labels within. With the above result, key is sub-task number and summary has story number along with description but unable to just filter with story number.
Hi Jack,
Thank you for your response.
I tried subtasklabel, but I'm getting an error message "Field 'subtasklabel' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."
ha! sorry, no "subtasklabel" was simply a made up word/function to illustrate what I thought you might be asking for. :-)
in other words if that mythical JQL that I typed reflects your goal then you cannot achieve it OOTB.
BTW...I recommend not "Accepting" answers unless it actually in fact answers your question. Of course the answer can be accepted even if it isn't the answer you had hoped form ;-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.