I tried this early access feature Dependency map (https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver/displaying-the-dependencies-map-1005805794.html) and it looks cool, but i found it has two limitations: 1) I can only see the dependencies in the same Portfolio plan ( a lot of our dependencies are from external tickets, not in the same plan) 2) I can only see the dependency in "blocks" relationship. but the normal dependency view also include "implemented by" relationship.
I want to know whether those limitations will be fixed in the future? otherwise the dependency map is only helpful in a limited way. please help to let me know if it's on the roadmap. thanks!
Hi,
If you want to try an alternative, there is Dependency Map:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218391/dependency-map-for-jira-link-viewer
It can display link types of your choice (one or several) in the visualisations.
Since the maps in Dependency Map are based on Jira filters you can choose which issues to include, regardless of which Project or Plan they originate from.
You can group issues by Jira fields of your choice, and you can bulk-edit issues by moving them directly in the visualisation.
Best regards,
Gustav
Hi @Dongmei Li,
Could you elaborate a bit more on the use cases you are trying to solve?
@Damir Semiz thank you and below is my use case, it's not complicated.
As Eng/PgM, I want to be able to see the full visualized dependency map, means if the dependent items are not on my Portfolio plan, the map can still show the items there in the map. if the dependent items are out of current plan, we don't need to go beyond one step further, we can stop there. Also the dependency should include also "implements" and "implemented by" relationship, not just "blocks/is blocked by".
For current plan view in the improved UI, I can see the dependency from outside of the plan, and I was able to see the dependency in "implements" relationship. for some reason, in this early access dependency map feature, I cann't see the same thing as the plan's schedule view.
@Gustav Taxen thank you, it looks cool. However we don't have control over the plugins we are using.
I see. Regrettably I cant provide an answer regarding Advanced Roadmap´s roadmap.
I was going to suggest an alternative like @Gustav Taxenbut since you dont have control over the plugins that your company uses, it is going to be a bit hard to do that. If you are looking for a solution now, you might consider trying to look into the plugin policy at your company. There are a lot of great plugins to be found
You can edit the Dependency link types (and use multiple link types) that identify planning dependencies in the global settings. Either replace with "Implements" or use both link types. Blocks/Is Blocked By is the default, but can be removed. This is a global setting that will affect all plans.
External dependencies are displayed in the roadmap. See item 5 on this page of the documentation:
Displaying the dependency columns in a plan
I don't think the scheduling algorithm will be able to factor in dates from external dependencies. It may not even show the lead time, but it does provide a clickable link to external issues.
As you are using the early access Dependencies Map feature, I don't know if external dependencies appear on the new Map view. If not, I'd expect them, as links rather than "cards" at least.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.