can someone help me on this ? i need to display some custom message on issues whenever the value of particular custom field is 'xxxx'
I cannot think of a way to do this on Cloud - you need something like Behaviours or a custom field with javascript functionality, but Cloud doesn't yet support the ability to do those.
cant we do this using web panels ?
@uday @[deleted] - This is a bit left of field and involves a form on the issue. It may or not be suitable but just putting it out there. A potential option is that you could use ProForma Lite (free online form builder app) where you would design a form with the custom field question is displayed. eg: Which colour do you like?Answer: 1. Red. 2 Yellow 3. Blue.Add in conditional logic so that if answered Red, they get custom message "Why like Red?".If answer Blue, why like Blue etc.So if the user has ticked "red", they only see the "Red" message and the other messages do not appear. Same goes for the other combinations.As I said, may not be for you but a thought. ProForma Lite is free so you could kick it around and experiment.Heads up I am ProForma so if need help in fleshing it just reach out to me and I can assist.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- how can this be done on Jira-server ?
You would need to write an app that can make these changes. For simple stuff, I would not bother, but if you really do need complex forms, then @Kate Caldecott has the right answer. I don't use Proforma a lot myself, but when you get to a point where you start to think about it, just stop and go with what Kate says, because she is right.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.