When any issue is created I would like them to be automatically assigned to a person other than the project lead. Is this possible? I've found links on how to set it to the project lead and how to do it depending upon issue type but not all types.
This link shows how to assign issue types to a user. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-assign-an-issue-to-a-user-based-on-issue-type-704413717.html
Will I have to configure new workflows for every issue type and assign them to the one person and then add them all to the workflow scheme or is there a more efficient way of doing it?
Hey Jim,
Other way to do is, if you have a script runner plugin you can write a script post function on create transition as
issue.setAssigneeId= "username"
script=post-function.PNG
Hope this helps
Regards
Chander Inguva
Unfortunately I do not. Oh well, I'll do it the hard way. Thanks for the help.
Yes, the non-script way is to create different workflows for different issue types, but it's easier than you think; just use the workflow 'copy' capability change the name and the assignee... done, next issue type.
You will need to update your schema also, but not as bad as building everything from scratch.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. It sure would be a lot easier if JIRA would just allow you to change the default assignee to any project member. It seems like a no-brainer. Oh well. I guess they have their reasons.
Hummm.... I wonder if you could use multiple transitions with a validator based on the issue type and then different post condition to update the assignee?
May have to try that out and see...
Nope validator will not work but condition might... still playing...
ummmm.... Jim - just reread your post. Are you just trying to set an assignee default for a project regardless of issue type or trying to set an assignee default for a project based on the issue type?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.