Hi Atlassian Community,
I'm having issues with this process and I've got no idea what's going on.
Here are the steps I'm following:
1. Disconnecting G-Suite: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Account-articles/Migrating-from-G-Suite-to-other-Identity-Providers-Okta-Azure-AD/ba-p/12752112. Verify domain and claim accounts (on a Atlassian Access trial): https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/verify-a-domain-for-your-organization-873871234.html3. Setup SAML: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/atlassian-cloud-tutorialI disconnect G-Suite fine, I verified our domain fine (GoDaddy) but when I try to claim accounts there are none to claim. All the users in our tenant have the same domain address that I've verified. The only strange thing is when I verify a domain I have to type in the full address, ie www.domain.com rather than domain.com. This shouldn't make a difference right? I've triple checked my TXT entries (using @ as name).
Any ideas?
Spoke to Atlassian support and apparently Google was still holding onto our domain even though I had disconnected G Suite. He removed it on the backend, all works great now.
Hi @jason.chau ,
Is there a reason you need to add the "www." part of your domain in order to get it to verify? I think this is the root of the problem. We're typically looking for the root of the domain as it shows up in an email address. So if your users have email addresses like john@acme.com, then you would want to verify acme.com.
If you continue to run into problems, you might want to reach out to Atlassian Support for a deeper technical investigation of why you might be running into a domain claim problem.
Hi @Dave Meyer ,
I don't know why that's the case, I'll see if GoDaddy's support can provide an explanation. I've submitted a ticket to Atlassian Support also to see if they've got any ideas. I'll report back with my findings.
@Dave Meyer Spoke to GoDaddy and they've confirmed everything is good on their end. Looking up our TXT records without www on https://mxtoolbox.com/TXTLookup.aspx and https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#TXT/ appear fine. Awaiting on Atlassian support...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.