I want to allow members of a specific project role ("Product Owners") to re-order issues in the backlog in JIRA Agile.
I have added the "Schedule Issues" permission to the "Product Owners" role in my permission scheme. I've checked that the user I'm testing with does have the "Schedule Issues" permission on the projects associated with the board; however, when trying to re-order the backlog this user gets the message "You do not have permission to edit this issue."
My boards are all Scrum boards, and I am using JIRA 6.0.8 with JIRA Agile 6.3.13.1.
According to the following document https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/What+are+the+permissions+used+in+Agile+Boardsthe user should just have the 'schedule permission', I can resolve it by giving them the edit permission as well but then this allows them to add issues to sprints - which is less than ideal.
I've missed something with the configuration of the board or permissions perhaps - any help appreciated.