Hello -
I have been attempting to visualize my Jira data in Microsoft PowerBi. With access to the database I have been able to establish the appropriate relationships with the Jira tables and make decent graphs, charts, etc. in Microsoft PowerBi.
Specifically, I am trying to calculate the average time Issues remain in certain statuses within my project. I have done Jira database research on this and understand that time in status is not naturally stored in the database tables. I understand that this information can be calculated by creating relationships between the jiraissues, changeitem, and changegroup tables.
I have successfully established the relationships between the 3 tables. In PowerBi I have successfully created a visual table that shows every Issue in the project with the date it went from one status to the next status, and so on. All Issues are shown transitioning from status to status as well as the date for which the transitions happened.
What I am not understanding, via PowerBi, is how to perform the calculations (subtraction) between the dates for which the transitions happened. My thinking is that if I can begin to calculate the difference between each Issue transition dates then I can begin to figure out the average time Issues have been in statuses.
The whole situation is becoming complicated very quickly. If anyone has any experience with Microsoft PowerBi or visualizing Jira data in general I would really, really appreciate it.