Hi,
I'm using the Scaffolding and Reporting plugins to build what is basically a one-to-many relation between two page templates. I just need to get the last piece of the puzzle and need help from the community with this.
I have two page templates both using the scaffolding data item (using the scaffolding live template).
The first page template is a Person and has scaffolding data like name, email, phone number. The template is also labelled ‘person’.
The second page template is a car. A car has scaffolding data like brand, color and a reference to the owner: Person. The reference is handled in a “Content Options” macro, were you can chose among pages labelled ‘person’. A car page is also labelled ‘car’.
What I’m doing is basically a one-to-many relation.
Example:
I can create two pages with the Person template: Brian and Pete.
I can create three pages Ford, Nissan and Volvo.
Ford and Nissan both have a reference to Brian. Volvo has a reference to Pete.
Now to my problem:
On the page Brian I would like to list all the cars he is the owner of.
That is create a Report that searches to pages labelled ‘car’ and list the one referencing Brian.
But I cannot find a search term maching this in the Reporting macro.
Any suggestions to solutions or alternative solutions are welcome!