I have create Workflow but I don't know how to add projects to workflow Schemes (Assigned Schemes).
Anyone know and help me??
Here is a video I took: http://screencast.com/t/yZVaafBqi
Thanks
Chi
Regards
Chander Inguva
Hey,
don't get me wrong but have you ever had a look a the documentation?
This will get you started creating a workflow:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow
Then you create a workflow scheme and associate workflows (activate them) with that scheme:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACLOUD/Activating+workflow
Here you'll find more info on schemes:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+workflow+schemes
Hope that help,
Christian
yes, I did it ok yesterday as many time to find out on document but it works ok now. Thanks for you help. Do you have Skype too? Regards, Chi
Yes, I did it ok now. Thanks @Chander Inguva
The documentation is scattered everywhere and usually not helpful. Something as simple as changing a Workflow, Screen or Permission Scheme can be quite challenging.
Don't get me wrong, Jira is a great product once configured, but the documentation and support are pitiful at best!
This page is fundamentally misleading and out of date although I eventually found the answer in Settings -> Workflows -> Switch Scheme:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/working-with-workflows-776636540.html
It is this section:
To finish activating your workflow, associate the workflow scheme it's in with a project (if an issue type is not defined in the project's issue type scheme, that specific workflow is not used):
In the sidebar, click Issue type schemes. You'll see which workflow scheme the project currently uses.
Click Associate to begin the migration process. Each issue needs to have a valid status, so you may need to assign statuses to a select number of issues after you switch workflow schemes.
The screens your mention are completely impossible to find for me. On project settings, I only have name, key and access. and the possibility to delete the project.
No workflow tab available, and even not when creating a project : I can select form a number of templates (Scrum, Kanban, ....) but I cannot select my workflow.
When defining a workflow scheme, I see no way at assign that scheme to a project ...
Totally lost, it seems I can only do pretty standard stuff. I find the interface for setting up such customisations in JIRA far from intuitive ..
Jira reworked UI and ignored to update the documentation. The screen is either 1) hidden and there's no button for it 2) removed
Not sure what to think about it...
Those links are all OK, but none of them answers the original question: once you have created a Workflow, assigned it to a Workflow Scheme, how do you assign the workflow scheme to a project?
I have quite a lot of experience with the old Jira UI, fully understand the concepts, but simply can't find the way to do this.
Paul,
I am new to Jira.
We have created the workflow scheme. But there is no workflow button under Project.
I am the site admin. Do you know what might have caused the problem?
Thanks a lot
Jing
i have the same problem and cannot fix it
Nope.
1) Workflows missing from the Project Settings
2) Tried a new Workflow and adding a project to it but WHERE IS THAT FUNCTIONALITY? WHERE IN THE WORLD?
I am facing the same problem and couldn't figure out a solution to this. Did anyone get a solution?
Looks like nobody cares at atlassian. Except asking to subscribe to a higher plan, I don't see any help from the company. Documentation not clear, not up to date...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.