Test 1 (which DOES work):
Created a test project using the Jira default workflow. Created a ticket, closed it, replied to the notification through email & it was reopened. Created the listener as follows:
- Action ID 3
- Action that triggered the IssueUpdated event Commented
- Event ID 6
- Project Key KT
- Status 6
Then there's the actual project with custom workflow with listener that DOESN'T work. 61 is the reopen transition in the workflow. Status 4 is closed. There are no validators and the only condition on the transition is jira-users, which I am a member of. It's a new, not yet used project, so the only permission set is for the developers role and I am in that role.
I cannot get the closed ticket to reopen when I send an email, if I comment directly in Jira, if I fill in all the other options in the listener with false. I even tried changing the action & status IDs in the listener to the defaults, just to see.
- Action ID 61
- Action that triggered the IssueUpdated event Commented
- Event ID 6
- Project Key COD
- Status 4
Finally, I copied the Jira default workflow and changed it around to better fit what I needed, but keeping the IDs at the defaults. Now this listener DOES work.
- Action ID 3
- Action that triggered the IssueUpdated event Commented
- Event ID 6
- Project Key COD
- Status 6
So I'm feeling like the autotransition doesn't work unless the IDs are kept at the defaults in the workflow. Annoying, but generally do-able. We are on Jira 5.2.4.
Any comments about this?