1. I followed the given steps for the custom workflow but it does not work. It allows the parent to close even though sub tasks are open.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/preventing-issues-from-being-closed-while-the-sub-tasks-are-still-open-724928276.html?_ga=2.233072091.474588100.1596924124-1842078371.1596466683
2. I also tried to apply the script runner script but it shows "Has not run yet".
Edited the workflow and published it.
Hi @Udayasee Patlolla
I tested the instructions in the above link, and it worked for me.
These are the steps I took (same as the link):
I'd give these a go again because this solution does work.
Ste
Hi Stephen,Followed exactly same steps, but I am able to close the Parent EPIC.Does this apply to custom workflows? We have custom workflows for each issuetype and I am applying these changes for EPIC workflow.
Are there sub-tasks on the Epic?
Or are these children of the Epic? Such as stories, tasks, bugs, etc? If so, these aren't sub-tasks and you'd require an alternative solution
Hi Ste,
Thanks for the response!!
I tried on subtasks and even on child issues. It is not working on anything.
Could you please let me know the alternate solution of for child issues?
Regards
Udaya
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.