I was running Confluence 6.6.0, and I just attempted an upgrade to version 7.6.2 and I am now seeing this error - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-fails-to-start-and-throws-mysql-session-isolation-level-repeatable-read-is-no-longer-supported-error-241568536.html .
According to that document, this is a problem that was in versions before 3.5.6, but my initial install was on version 5.9. Also, I have checked the confluence.cfg.xml file (it was already configured as shown in the document) and I have done 2 attempts at forcing the change on the mysql side
mysql> SET GLOBAL TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
and I have restarted the mysql server after each attempt (I even did a flush privileges the second time to see if I could force the change to be committed). The confluence log is still showing the same error:
2020-08-09 05:19:25,980 ERROR [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.confluence.setup.BootstrapApplicationStartupListener] checkConfigurationOnStartup MySQL session isolation level 'REPEATABLE-READ' is no longer supported. Session isolation level must be 'READ-COMMITTED'. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/GAtmDg
so I am suspecting that it is misreporting the real error. Has any one else encountered this issue to know what the real issue is?