For certain metrics, we need to show the time spent by a particular staff member who is working on a particular ticket on a monthly basis.
What is the best/correct way to track this time spent?
I have tried to use "worklogDate >= 2020-7-01 AND worklogDate <= 2020-8-01" as a part of the JQL , but this retrieves the time spent on that ticket since it was opened, It does not provide me the time spent only for the particular month.
Example: Ticket A has been open since May. Person X has been working on it since May and has spent 10 min every month since May until July.
I only want to extract the time spent by Person X on Ticket A for the month of July, i.e. I want a report/gadget that shows the 10 minutes thats spent.
The JQL shows the time spent since it was opened even when I use the "worklogdate" and gives me the answer as 30 min (10 (may) + 10 (june) + 10 (july)