Hello folks,
I am new to Jira and coming from TFS, so I'm still framing my mind to understand the Jira flow.
I am struggling with something probably very obvious. I have a Kanban board where my highest level of organization is Epic (my company decided to make my department a "Project" so I lost that level for my use). I am using Epic to track "projects" so I am only interested as of now in Epics and Stories.
My setup:
- Kanban board with three columns (To do. In Progress, Done)
- The "In Progress' column has several "Status" (In Dev, In QA, Passed QA....etc)
My problem comes when I have Stories under an Epic that are "In Progress" and some still in "To Do". I'm not sure what to do with mt Epic. If I put it under To Do, it doesn't seem right, as I leave behind Stories in "To Do". Same happen to the opposite, if I leave the Epic in "To Do" It does not seem right either, as in fact..it is in progress. I've attached a picture for reference.
What is the best practice here ? or is there anything in the setup Im missing that would help me track work in a better way?