When I run Google Analytics on our Confluence spaces, the third most visited URL is "/spaces/viewspace.action" yet I can find no explanation for what this actually corresponds to in Confluence. Can anyone explain it to me?
It's a container page for anyone clicking through to a space via anything other than a direct link.
I'd drop it from your analytics if you can, it's not telling you anything about what people are actually doing in Confluence.
Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it.
Sorry that it's a bit vague, but the way Confluence nests its actively rendered pages looks odd to analytics if we don't do any discrimination against the "system pages".
Personally, viewspace.action is the first one I'd ignore, but I'd also look at binning the front-end search page (it would be a bit like doing analytics on who hits google.com before they typed anything in), admin stuff, the login and standard default or home page.
I can sort of see why they do it this way when I look at the code, but it does give us some quirks that we'd need a long essay to explain, and frankly, I'd only inflict that on people who are hired by Atlassian to code in Confluence.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.