I noticed about 10 hours ago our Confluence instance can't seem to download new versions of addons (like the Universal Plugin Manager); it immediately errors out with a generic error. I chalked it up to Marketplace downtime. It's still not working, and trying Stash and JIRA give the same result. I looked in the Confluence HOME/logs/atlassian-confluence.log and there's an entry for each attempt:
2014-10-15 08:44:44,929 ERROR [UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2] [rest.resources.install.InstallFromUriTask] download Error downloading plugin from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin/version/138571
-- url: /rest/plugins/1.0/ | referer: https://confluence-company.com/plugins/servlet/upm | userName: <snip>
But no other messages. I don't think we installed a proxy server that could be interfering with things in the last few days; if I do a "wget https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin/version/138571" at the command line on one of the affected servers, it works just fine, the whole jar comes down. All the servers in question are Ubuntu 14.04.1 64-bit Servers, updated to latest patches within the last 2 weeks, and all apps - JIRA, Confluence, Stash, are all on the current patch level or within a minor rev of the latest patch level.
So - any chance the announcement that Atlassian has disabled SSLv3 on all their external servers in the last 24 hours has anything to do with this?
-Kelly